Electrical Service Technician II
Description: Under general supervision, perform journey-level work in the design, installation, construction, modification, repair and maintenance of electrical apparatuses, equipment and systems; act as lead worker to other classified staff in the area; and perform related work as required.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Inspect, isolate, troubleshoot and repair electrical malfunctions using various test instruments
- Maintain and repair fire, alarm, clock, programmable lighting and access systems
- Test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency
- Plan the layout and wiring of new or remodeled installations
- Fabricate electrical parts
- Inspect completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations
- Inspect related work performed by contractors
- Estimate cost, time and materials for electrical projects
- Clean, maintain and service tools and equipment used in the performance of duties
- Must be able to operate smart technology (iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.)
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have excellent written communications skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Must have excellent oral communications skills
- Must have the ability to balance multiple tasks
- Must be able to deal with difficult people
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work well with other technicians and tradesman
ESSENTIAL DAILY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check in with office for scheduled jobs after the completion of each job and at the end of each work day.
- During and/or at the end of each task complete all company provided forms to the fullest extent possible.
- Responsible for time management of jobs scheduled each day.
- Check in with client at the beginning and end of each task.
- Obtain client signature on company provided forms where applicable.
- Upon completion of each task record time spent at each job on the Electronic Dispatch Board.
- Hand in paperwork at the end of each week for processing in sequential order.
- Ensure all vendor packing slips or invoices for each job are secured to the related job forms.
- Ensure all materials used for each task are listed properly on the company provided forms.
- Assist on job sites with other Schwenn Services technicians as needed.
- Answer all office emails/calls/texts in a timely manner.
- Check in as needed to ensure office dispatcher and/or Service Manager are aware of your status.
- Secure parts and tools needed throughout the day for various jobs as required.
- Call in repairs to Dispatch or Service Manager and provide the necessary info needed to quote the repair, and fill out the appropriate quote forms as required.
- Consult Dispatch or Service Manager in times of uncertainty.
- Must maintain a safe work environment at all times and use proper safety equipment.
ESSENTIAL OVERALL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to build client confidence in company.
- Provide information to management on training needs and courses of interest.
- Responsible for the daily preparation of the parts and tools for each day’s activities.
- Complete work in a timely and workman like manner.
- Coordinate with dispatcher for the use of company tools and ensure they are returned to the office in a timely manner.
- Participate in company–wide internal meetings as required.
- Maintain company tools in a professional manner.
- Must maintain all safety equipment at all times.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate.
- Must have at least two (2) years trade-related experience, OR
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Excellent logistical knowledge of the Central Florida, Jacksonville and Tampa area and surrounding counties
- Must be able to drive to job sites on a daily basis
- Out of Town travel may be required
- On-call and overtime hours as needed
- Good hygiene and cleanliness is required at all times
- Must adhere to the company uniform policy.
- Maintain a clean vehicle and make office aware of maintenance issues
- Follow rules and regulations as described in the company Handbook
- Must be able to pass federal and/or state background checks
- Must have a state-issued valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Wage Level: Hourly based on skills, experience and abilities
Wage Range: $ 16.00 to $ 30.00
Bonus Eligible: Yes