HVAC Maintenance Technician II
Description: Primarily responsible for performing routine preventative maintenance on all HVAC systems.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Understands refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging.
- Understands basic electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read basic wiring diagrams. Understanding of Ohms Law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot basic electrical circuits.
- Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, and distribution. Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Understands heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil.
- Must be able to operate smart technology (iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.)
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have excellent written communications skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Must have excellent oral communications skills
- Must have the ability to balance multiple tasks
- Must be able to deal with difficult people
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work well with other technicians and tradesman
- Must be able to work with and give direction to Maintenance Tech I
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
A Maintenance Technician II must be able to perform routine preventative maintenance on the following equipment:
- Refrigerant controls (metering devices)
- Hermetic compressors
- Heat Pumps
- Split systems
- Packaged units
- Ductless splits
- Electric Motors (3-phase and 1-phase)
- Electric motor controls (contractors, starters, relays, disconnect, thermostats, etc.)
- Intake and exhaust fans
- Unit heaters
ESSENTIAL DAILY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check in with office for scheduled jobs after the completion of each job and at the end of each work day.
- During and/or at the end of each task complete all company provided forms to the fullest extent possible.
- Responsible for time management of jobs scheduled each day.
- Check in with client at the beginning and end of each task.
- Obtain client signature on company provided forms where applicable.
- Upon completion of each task record time spent at each job on the Electronic Dispatch Board.
- Hand in paperwork at the end of each week for processing in sequential order.
- Ensure all vendor packing slips or invoices for each job are secured to the related job forms.
- Ensure all materials used for each task are listed properly on the company provided forms.
- Assist on job sites with other Schwenn Services technicians as needed.
- Answer all office emails/calls/texts in a timely manner.
- Check in as needed to ensure office dispatcher and/or Operations Manager are aware of your status.
- Secure parts and tools needed throughout the day for various jobs as required.
- Call in repairs to Dispatch or Operations Manager and provide the necessary info needed to quote the repair, and fill out the appropriate quote forms as required.
- Consult Dispatch or Operations Manager in times of uncertainty.
- Must maintain a safe work environment at all times and use proper safety equipment.
ESSENTIAL OVERALL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to build client confidence in company.
- Provide information to management on training needs and courses of interest.
- Responsible for the daily preparation of the parts and tools for each day’s activities.
- Complete work in a timely and workman like manner.
- Coordinate with dispatcher for the use of company tools and ensure they are returned to the office in a timely manner.
- Participate in company–wide internal meetings as required.
- Maintain company tools in a professional manner.
- Must maintain all safety equipment at all times.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate.
- Must have at least two (2) years trade-related experience, OR
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Excellent logistical knowledge of the Central Florida, Jacksonville and Tampa area and surrounding counties
- Must be able to drive to job sites on a daily basis
- Out of Town travel may be required
- On-call and overtime hours as needed
- Good hygiene and cleanliness is required at all times
- Must adhere to the company uniform policy.
- Maintain a clean vehicle and make office aware of maintenance issues
- Follow rules and regulations as described in the company Handbook
- Must be able to pass federal and/or state background checks
- Must have a state-issued valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Wage Level: Hourly based on skills, experience and abilities
Wage Range: $14.01 to $18.00
Bonus Eligible: Yes